About VEFFA Scholarship
VEFFA Scholarship was founded to help bright but poor students in Vietnam continue their study by awarding scholarships to cover school fees, books and other educational expenses. We raise funds through donations from VEFFA community as well as friends and other generous donors.
- Awarding time: Annually, VEFFA scholarship will be announced and awarded in July (or latest by August). The scholarships will be given directly to students for school fees, books or other educational expenses.
- Awardees: Bright but poor high school students in Vietnam.
- Partnership: In order to identify students who are truly in need, we collaborate with Ho Chi Minh City Women Charity Organization (Hội phụ nữ từ thiện tp Hồ chí Minh, http://www.hcmwomencharity.org), an organization with 20 years of experience in helping poor students overcome financial hardship to continue their education.
- Selection process: The Ho Chi Minh City Women Charity Organization will provide us a list of candidates with their academic performance and familial hardship background. Based on this list, we will go directly to their houses to verify the given information and then finalize the list of VEFFA scholarship awardees. If the awardees are still in good academic standing and in need of financial aid, they will continue to receive the scholarship until they complete high school.
- The value of each scholarship is 2 million VND (equivalent to 100 USD).
3. Our team members:
- Tran, N. Mai (cohort 2010)
- Khong, Hiep (cohort 2010)
- Huynh, N. H. Phuong (cohort 2009)
- Bui, T. Duyen (cohort 2010)
- Pham, N. D. Trang (cohort 2011)
- Tang, T. N. Nu (cohort 2013)
- Vo, N. T. Nguyen (cohort 2014)
- Phan, M. Liem (cohort 2005)
- Ngo, T Hoan (cohort 2011)
- Bui, C. Thanh (cohort 2004)
- Nguyen, V. Hung (cohort 2009)
- Nguyen, H. Thien (cohort 2012)
- Nguyen, T. Nhung (cohort 2013)
- Nguyen, T. Hang (cohort 2014)
4. For donors:
Please let us know some information about you (name, email, etc.) so that we can list your name in our acknowledgement list or email us at : veffascholarship [@] veffa.org.
- Online donation via Paypal:
Our paypal account: email@example.com
- Bank transfer:
Transfer your money to VEFFA’s bank account by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Deposit your payment to VEFFA’s bank account.
Please state clearly “For VEFFA Scholarship” during the transfer and/or send an email to email@example.com.
|Bank Name||Bank of America|
|Account Name||The Vietnam Education Foundation Fellows Association|
Please refer the receiver (“pay to the order of”) as The Vietnam education foundation fellows association on your check and send it to:
900 N Leverett Ave, Apt 117
Fayetteville AR 72701.
Please state clearly “For VEFFA Scholarship” and/or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Contact information
Please contact us through our email address: veffascholarship [@] veffa.org.
Total donations received as of March 11, 2017: $4390
Please share this website to help bright but unfortunate students in Vietnam.
Thank you for you kindness and support.